This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for mennonitehome.org and woodcrestvilla.org. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
All health care information whether provided through this website or otherwise is subject to our Notice of Privacy Information Practices and is not subject to this privacy notice. All information provided by employees is subject to the policies and procedures of The Mennonite Home as provided in the employee’s handbook and is not subject to this privacy notice.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We may collect non-personally identifying data such as the type of browser you are using, language preferences, referring site and the date and time. The data is used to track visitors to the websites.
We are the sole owners of the private sensitive data collected on this website. We only have access to and collect private sensitive information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you.
We will not sell or rent your private sensitive date to anyone.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Request updates or changes to any data we have about you.
- Request us to delete any data we have about you. We reserve the right to maintain data we have about you if it relates to the health care provided by us, is related to the care of our residents or we are otherwise required by law to maintain.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
While no system is 100% secure, we take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us or our vendor in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.