We are excited that the visitation guidance for nursing homes has been updated to include visits! We know that your resident is anxious to see you and we are working diligently to put in place an appropriate structure that is simple, safe and equitable.
Please read the information below to find out what you can expect when you sign up to visit your resident.
Core Principles of COVID-19 Infection Prevention
All visits from vaccinated and unvaccinated visitors must follow infection control guidelines:
- Screening of all who enter the facility for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., temperature checks, questions about and observations of signs or symptoms), and denial of entry of those with signs or symptoms or those who have had close contact with someone with COVID-19 infection in the prior 14 days (regardless of the visitor’s vaccination status)
- Hand hygiene (use of alcohol-based hand rub is preferred)
- Face covering or mask (covering mouth and nose); a surgical mask is preferred
- Social distancing of at least six feet between persons
- Education regarding COVID-19 signs and symptoms, infection control precautions, other applicable MH practices
- It is important that visits be scheduled. Please do not arrive at the facility without scheduling your visit ahead of time because this may lead to long wait times due to staffing and other limitations.
- There are a limited number of visits per day.
- Each visit may include up to two visitors.
- We recommend visits be limited to 1 hour.
- Indoor visits will be on resident’s households. Visitors are only permitted to walk to and from their resident’s room.
- For a letter from Mennonite Home outlining more details, please click here.
- For more visitor information from the CDC, please click here.
Process for Scheduling a Visit
- Visits will be scheduled every day from 9 am – 3:45 pm each day (including weekends).
- Please register using registration link below (green button).
- Special requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- We request a 24-hour notice for all visits to ensure that staff is able to accommodate visit requests.
Visitor Testing & Vaccination
MHC recommends that visitors obtain a negative COVID-19 test within 2-3 days of their scheduled visit. MHC strongly urges all visitors to receive the COVID-19 vaccine when it becomes available to them.