Numerous vaccine clinics have been held at MH and WCV resulting in almost all residents being vaccinated against COVID-19 infection. A small number of residents may not be vaccinated upon the advice of their doctor or other reason.
COVID-19 Vaccine Required for All MHC Staff Members
On September 13, 2021, MHC announced its decision to require all staff, at MH and WCV, to have received both doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or the single dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine by November 30, 2021, against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless they have an approved religious or medical exemption. Currently, all staff members are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the exception of a small number who have approved religious or medical exemptions.
Vaccine Information for MH Residents and Family Members
Vaccine information was communicated to MH residents and family members. The letter can be found here. Additional resident communication is available below.
Are the COVID-19 vaccines safe?
- Safety is the most important priority in vaccine approval
- Most adverse side effects occur within 6 weeks of vaccine administration, and the FDA has required 8 weeks of safety monitoring
- FDA advises a minimum of 3,000 participants to assess safety. The current phase 3 trials have 30,000 to 50,000 participants. This really demonstrates how safety is a top priority for the FDA and the medical community.
Why should we trust the COVID-19 vaccine?
- The FDA using the same standards that it has for decades
- There are no steps being “skipped”
- Data from the vaccine trials is being rigorously reviewed by independent experts
For more information please visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/index.html