Numerous vaccine clinics have been held at MH and WCV. Counting all residents who got vaccinated at MH, WCV and elsewhere, we know that 95% of WCV residents have been vaccinated, along with almost all residents in Skilled Nursing and Personal Care, and approximately 61% of staff.
Some persons assume that after receiving both doses of vaccine they do not have to be as conscientious about PPE, physical distancing or washing their hands. Unfortunately, the PA Department of Health guidelines in these areas are no different for staff and residents who have been vaccinated than for those who did not receive the vaccine. It is likely that current infection control measures will be in place until a high percentage of Americans are vaccinated and/or recovered from COVID-19, a status referred to as “herd immunity.” (For more information, please click on “WCV Vaccine Information” below and then click on “Visitation Facts Post Vaccine.”)
Lancaster Vaccine Website
An information hub for information about the vaccine in Lancaster County can be found here: www.vaccinatelancaster.org.
Vaccine Information for MH Residents and Family Members
Vaccine information was communicated to MH residents and family members. The letter can be found here. Additional resident communication is available below.
Are the COVID-19 vaccines safe?
- Safety is the most important priority in vaccine approval
- Most adverse side effects occur within 6 weeks of vaccine administration, and the FDA has required 8 weeks of safety monitoring
- FDA advises a minimum of 3,000 participants to assess safety. The current phase 3 trials have 30,000 to 50,000 participants. This really demonstrates how safety is a top priority for the FDA and the medical community.
Why should we trust the COVID-19 vaccine?
- The FDA using the same standards that it has for decades
- There are no steps being “skipped”
- Data from the vaccine trials is being rigorously reviewed by independent experts
For more information please visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/index.html