1903 Legacy Society
Mennonite Home Communities was founded in 1903 by several leaders of the Lancaster area Mennonite Churches. With humble beginnings, a nursing home was born that began providing care for senior adults. Over the past 120 years, Mennonite Home Communities has grown to include a highly regarded care campus, the Mennonite Home, and a beautiful independent living campus, Woodcrest Villa. Accompanying this development has been the establishment of a reputation for providing outstanding care in a loving environment. We are committed to provide the highest level of care for our residents.
There are times when a resident exhausts their financial resources. Through benevolent care, we have made commitments to residents to care for them even in this circumstance. Resources for benevolent care requires faithful giving from our donors. Fortunately, Mennonite Home Communities has many generous donors who have provided the resources needed to care for hundreds of residents over the years.
To encourage and recognize donors, the Board of Directors created the 1903 Legacy Society.
The 1903 Legacy Society seeks to accomplish the following:
- Acknowledge and appreciate the faithful giving of generous donors
- Challenge members to make additional gifts for benevolent care
- Celebrate the role of giving in the spiritual and personal lives of donors
- Recognize the critical need for benevolent care resources
- Encourage members to share with friends and family the opportunity to give to benevolent care
- Encourage members to serve as ambassadors for Mennonite Home Communities
We invite you to join the hundreds of people whose philanthropy has insured the success of the Mennonite Home Communities mission. We welcome into membership three categories of donors. Persons who:
- Have made lifetime gifts and/or pledges of $10,000 or more
- Have made any form of planned gift
- Have included MHC in their estate plans (will or trust)
To learn more, please contact:
Kim Peters, Director of Development
Mennonite Home Communities
2001 Harrisburg Pike
Lancaster, PA 17601